Friday, July 17, 2009

Reusing ZIPLOCKS for lunches (?)


Reducing my packaging means MAKING REFILLABLE CONTAINERS for use at home. I love this as a project because it's fun to find and select a good container for something in particular and even more fun to label or decorate it and make it our OWN. Today, I started simple by labeling a large size ziplock for my daughter's lunch. She doesn't want to carry around a bulky lunch box type thing and we won't be reusing and then throwing out those supermarket disposable plastic bags any more. It's not pretty (yet?) but I'm hoping it will work and not get thrown in the trash. Of course, the beauty of stopping the trash pickup is that it will make throwing it away perfectly impossible.
Having one box of ziplocks LEFT I am seeing if this will work for her lunch needs. The idea is to decorate or label the item personally so that you won't want to throw it away. Hope this works!! I am committed to not buying ZIPLOCKS again.

I PROMISE: NOT A SINGLE BOX OF ZIPLOCKS WILL I BUY AGAIN!!!! ah... now, that feels better. What a wasteful, wasteful, irresponsible, environmentally damaging lifestyle I had been living.

No comments:

Post a Comment