Saturday, July 25, 2009

More problems...

Woke up to a pool of water on my kitchen floor. Thank goodness, I don't have wood floors (couldn't bring myself to spend the money while deforesting another bit of this gorgeous planet- even though I found those Brazilian hardwoods to be oh, so pretty!). I'm sure the water was sitting there all night. Checked under the sink for a leak, checked the faucet, yikes... it's the new Brita gallon purifier... apparently, the water dispenser tap was leaking!!! Fortunately, I had purchased two water containers so I just swapped out the defective one and put it in the 'to be returned' area by the door. You bet, I'll be looooking for that permanent water filter soon...


OOPS, big OOPS, I just found out that Brita is owned by Clorox!! Yes, Clorox, the very company that has been encouraging and profiting from the use of unnecessarily harmful chemicals to clean our homes with, who is also a source of huge amount of dangerous dioxin waste and big time water polluter. NOW they are in the business of PURIFYING OUR PERSONAL WATER! Ha, how fitting and how idiotic. I've got to get off the rat wheel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment