Monday, July 13, 2009

NO MORE GARBAGE PICKUP


OK... today got serious, I cancelled my trash service. Yes, NO MORE GARBAGE PICKUP starting August 6th- three days after my birthday. They will pickup the containers and take them away. Scary. I asked them if they would just pick up the recycling at a reduced cost but they said it was the same $56.20 I didn't think that was a very good deal, paying almost $60 for them to pickup my recycling. I also, thought that wasn't much incentive for people to reduce their garbage. The lady on the phone said that they could provide a smaller can but she would have to ask a manager for approval because she didn't know if there was a reduced price or not! I toyed with the idea of going to the next city council meeting and asking them to create more incentive for residents to reduce trash. I also, asked the lady on the phone if there was a local recycling center where I could drop things off at. NOPE, the nearest drop off center is 24 minutes away! Now, I'm really stuck! Not only with my trash but with my recycling as well. YIKES.

1 comment:

  1. I concede, I have not been on this website page in quite a while... in any case it was another delight to see It is such an essential point and overlooked by such a variety of
    junk removal Kirkland

    ReplyDelete